"To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear."
The practice of Acupuncture, which has been used in Chinese medicine for at least 5,000 years, does more than unblock energy channels in the body, thereby relieving pain and stress, It also leaves you feeling revitalized. Following a treatment, Acupuncture also promotes a sense of calmness, happiness and general well being.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is one of the world's oldest and most commonly used therapeutic techniques. It involves the insertion of very fine and slender sterile, disposable needles into specific ‘acupoints” on your skin to stimulate your body’s own self-healing abilities. Acupuncture helps reduce or relieve pain and improve body function by helping to eliminate the root cause of a disease, rather than attempting to mask the symptoms.
Acupuncture was developed on the understanding that there are channels or "meridians" circulating throughout the human body connecting the internal organs. As long as this energy flows freely, health is maintained, but once the flow of energy is blocked, the system is disrupted and pain and illness occur. As practitioners of Traditional Chinese Medicine, your Acupuncturist may also perform other modalities to bring balance to the bodily systems, including Moxibustion, Tuina Massage and the prescription of Chinese herbs.
During your first visit, your applemed Acupuncturist will ask you about your history, do a brief physical assessment and then recommend appropriate Acupuncture treatments tailored specifically to your needs.
Benefits of Acupuncture
- Looks beyond symptoms to identify and treat underlying causes
- Gentle, non-toxic natural therapies with no adverse side effects
- Relieves pain and reduces stress
- Restores physiological, psychological and structural balance
- Removes obstacles to healing
- Treats the whole person, instead of just the disease
- Helps chronic conditions that don’t respond to conventional medicine
- Increases vitality
- Gives you a full picture of your current health
- Helps ward off system imbalances before they become health problems
- Focuses on prevention, maintaining overall well being
Conditions That May be Helped by Acupuncture
- Acid reflux
- Anxiety and depression
- Arm, wrist, shoulder and elbow pain
- Back pain
- Bladder problems
- Bowel disorders
- Cancer support
- Colds and flu
- Cardiovascular issues
- Digestive disorders
- Drug dependence
- Eating disorders
- Erectile dysfunction
- Headaches and migraines
- Hormonal imbalances
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and bursitis
- Joint pain
- Knee problems
- Leg, knee, foot and ankle pain
- Ligament sprains and muscle strains
- Low back pain
- Menopausal complaints
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Pain management
- Pinched nerves
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post-surgical pain
- Pregnancy support
- Respiratory conditions
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Smoking cessation
- Sinus congestion/allergies
- Substance abuse
- Tennis elbow
- TMJ dysfunction
- Ulcerative colitis
Alternative Medicine and Acupuncture in Vaughan and Woodbridge
Whether your goal is to improve your overall health and wellness or to gain relief from a specific issue, at applemed we’ll work with you to find the right balance of treatment.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment.
Next Service Reiki