"Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are."
– Chinese proverb
Massage Therapy does more than simply help you feel more relaxed and alleviate pain. It also help your body achieve balance, speed recovery and relieve many health concerns. In addition to numerous physical benefits, Massage Therapy can also help improve your overall mental and emotional well being by facilitating healing and reducing stress – which has long been recognized as a barrier to true health and wellness.
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage Therapy involves a range of hands-on techniques to manipulate the soft tissues of the body, including muscles, skin, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, membranes and joints. Massage Therapy improves health and well being by positively affecting your muscular, nervous and circulatory systems. Best of all, Massage Therapy benefits people of all ages.
During your first visit, your applemed Massage Therapist will perform a case history and assessment. Following your treatment, your therapist may recommend remedial exercise. Each Massage Therapy session is tailored specifically to your individual needs, injury, condition or situation. At applemed, we offer a variety of different types of massage, including Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Pregnancy Massage, Lymphatic Drainage Massage, and Breast Massage.
Although the Provincial Health Plan doesn’t cover Massage Therapy, most extended health care and insurance plans cover the cost of part or all of a massage treatment performed by a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT). Please consult your policy.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Reduces or alleviates pain
- Relieves muscle tension
- Alleviates depression and anxiety
- Improves flexibility
- Increases range of motion in joints
- Enhances tissue elasticity and flexibility
- Increases circulation and immune system function
- Assists digestive and respiratory systems
- Increases lymphatic drainage
- Speeds recovery from exercise
- Improves posture
- Assists in recovery time from injuries and illness
- Induces a sense of well being
- Promotes restful sleep
- Reduces overall stress
- Increases body awareness and body image
Conditions That May be Helped by Massage Therapy
- Anxiety and depression
- Asthma and emphysema
- Back, neck and shoulder pain
- Cancer-related fatigue
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Fluid retention and poor circulation
- Headaches and migraines
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and bursitis
- Joint and muscle pain
- Ligament sprains and muscle strains
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscle tension, spasms, sprains and strains
- Palliative care
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Pregnancy and labour support
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Respiratory conditions
- Sinus congestion
- Sports injuries
- Stress and panic attacks
- TMJ dysfunction
Alternative Medicine and Massage Therapy in Vaughan and Woodbridge
Whether your goal is to improve your overall health and wellness or to gain relief from a specific issue, at applemed we’ll work with you to find the right balance of treatment.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment.
Next Service Chiropractic